About Our Parish

The First Catholic service in the Woodland area was at the home of F.N. Goerig in 1872. The home was used for Masses until 1879; Distribution of Holy Communion outside Mass was held when no priest was available. Finally, in 1912 St Philip was erected as a parish and the original church was consecrated by Bishop O’Dea. In April 1990, the church was destroyed in a fire and the new church was built and dedicated in March 2001.

 

St. Joseph Mission was Established in 1876 by Fr. Francois Norbert Blanchett. In 1909 the current church building was completed, high atop the hill overlooking the town of Kalama.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In 1867 St. Mary became the first of the Clark County Mission, in 1891 it was erected as a parish. In 1902 the second church was built, and in May 1959, the current Church was dedicated.  Since 1940, St Mary has alternately been a mission of Sacred Heart Battleground and St Philip Woodland at various times.

 

 
Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!